Knowledge Of Holistic Therapy
Applying holistic therapy to enhance traditional methods of treatment, an addict might find help.
Holistic therapy of drug addiction includes nonmedicinal techniques aimed at complementing traditional medical approaches. The holistic therapy seeks to bring the whole being spirit, mind and body to function well together.
Treatment centres that are offering holistic therapy make use of exercise, meditation and nutrition in order to help people overcome their addiction.
The techniques of holistic medicine concentrate on the general person's health through traditional physical treatment of addiction is also present.
Some of the other practices include
- Tai chi
- Guided meditation
- Spiritual therapy
- Routine exercise
- Proper nutrition
- Psychiatric counselling
- The methods of art therapy
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Holistic Methods In Addiction Treatment
Holistic therapy focuses on an individual at a time and does not involve medical methods to help the patient. Areas of treatment include the physical symptoms of addiction, emotional disturbances, and nutritional discrepancies.
A recovering drug user may be experiencing lack of sleep, emotional problems and many other problems that can be treated using holistic therapy. Each patient can have different practices of this technique used on them for their recovery.
What this treatment technique seeks to achieve is
- Find out the psychological issues behind the addiction
- Helping individuals resist urges
- Help the recovering user to be physically fit
- Give the patient their self-confidence back
- Decreasing the attractiveness of alcohol and drugs
Categories Of Holistic Therapy For Addiction
Methods of holistic medicine address various spheres of well-being, from physical to spiritual.
Mainly, therapy methods include the following
- Successful recovery is much easier if a person has a healthy body.
- Checking the patient's diet will go a long way in making sure they recover.
- With a proper diet, the body is fortified and ready to fight addiction.
- Use Of Exercises and Recreational Activities
- Apart from helping to ease stress and make the body strong, regular exercise helps to create a routine.
- In many centres that offer holistic therapy, exercise is an important part of the treatment.
- There are various activities depending on the centre and some include activities such as hiking, canoeing, climbing and riding horses.
- Engaging in mindful reflections also helps in recovering.
- In holistic therapy, taking part in reflection is one way through which you can stop the urge to using the drugs.
- The mind can also be relaxed when a person take part in karate and such kinds of activities.
- Massage And Acupuncture
- A massage is a great tool in helping one relax and relieve stress.
- If one has been using the drugs for sometime, stimulation of the acupoints is another effective way of overcoming the addiction.
Traditional addiction treatment methods which are most effective are used by holistic recovery programs that took forward to build up on them. However, a doctor should be available to monitor the progress of the treatments on the addict.
Some of the practices involved in this technique include
- Medically assisted detox
- Good medical care
- Personal psychological support
For support outside the treatment facilities, most ex-addicts join support groups like the 12-Steps NA and AA or 4-point SMART for continued emotional support and encouragement.
Finding Holistic Therapy Facilities For Addiction Treatment
Holistic treatment technique is now being used in many rehab centres all over the world. There is a lot of correlation between the principles of traditional treatment methods and holistic therapy with the most important being providing balance to the body, mind and spirit. One can keep their health in check and still recover from the addiction when they use this and other techniques such as cognitive behavioural therapy. Knowing what to do during an emotional moment helps in assisting the patient not to go to the solace of drug or alcohol.
Professionally worked into the treatment program during detox and in treating psychological cases, holistic therapies can provide invaluable support in reducing the degree of the problem. Treatment centres for holistic therapy are available throughout the country and are putting together recovery plans, which are tailored to suit individual needs.
If you are interested in using this technique, we can help you locate a rehab facility near you today and all you have to do is give us a call 0800 246 1509.