Defining Experimential Therapy
The typical way of therapy is not good for every drug users, some of them don't like it. Exploratory treatment brings the cure for dependency into the open, the workshops, and other places.
Experimential Therapy involves getting recovering drug users to engage in activities that can help them to deal with traumatic events in their pasts.
Conventional therapy settings may not be enough to get some recovering drug users to open up. In experimential therapy, the patient is instead taken to a place in which they may feel more comfortable.
Experimential therapy makes use of non-traditional methods in the treatment to assist the addicts in working through their repressed feelings and emotions.
Experimential therapy can include activities such as
- Rock climbing
- High or low elements courses
- Therapy through music
- Wilderness walks
- Recreational therapy
- Adventure based counselling
Exploratory treatment is made to aid individuals in recuperation to create a better self-worth through dealing concealed sentiments and previous agonies. By exploratory treatment, a recuperating user would know how to deal with such problem with no need to resort to narcotics for a diversion.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Experimential Therapy For Treatment Of Dependencies
Addicts can overcome stress in the real world by engaging in activities such as hiking and rock climbing. The patients can learn how to handle cravings and addiction triggers that they encounter on a daily basis with the help of Experimential therapy.
The disturbances that trigger the addictions are also treated by experimential therapy. It's much easier to avoid a relapse if the other mental health problems are treated together with the addiction.
Techniques And Treatment Used In Experimential Therapy
Amid an experimential therapy session, advisors manage recuperating addicts through a few treatment works out, custom fitted to their particular treatment needs.
It may be easier for the therapist to evaluate the patient accurately during experimential therapy since they may be less guarded at this point.
Co-occurring Mental Disorders For Experimential Therapy Treatments Include
- Anxiety attacks
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Eating disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Other Cures And Experimential Treatment
The main objective of experimential therapy is correcting the negative conducts of the addict that make damage to him, and for that is regularly combined with other psychotherapy methods. These exercises let recuperating users use the life skills they have learnt throughout therapy meetings in actual, direct settings.
Any treatment program should start with medically supervised detoxification because withdrawal symptoms can be both painful and dangerous. Outpatient and residential rehabilitation schemes could equally cure abstinence signs throughout detoxification. Thereafter several therapies can be utilised in conjunction with experimential therapy in order to provide proper treatment for the individual through the recovery process.
This is done to offer the addict a complete treatment and prevent further setbacks.
Experimential Therapy Methods Are
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
- Equine assisted psychotherapy [EAP] includes the use of horses during the exercises for therapeutic recovery.
- In these sessions, the patients walk, feed, harness and groom the horses.
- They hidden emotions will reveal during these bonding activities with the horses.
- A patient may have suffered trauma that they are unaware of or unable to address or they may have negative emotions that they don't know how to process and equine-assisted therapy can help them to do this.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- The process of EMDR involves going through certain eye movements guided by a therapist while one visualizes an event in their past that caused them some trauma.
- EMDR was verified successful in aiding individuals in healing reduce unpleasant sentiments and sense of suffering that could end up in drug dependency.
- Adventure Therapy
- Outdoor activities such as biking, climbing, camping and hiking can all be part of this therapy.
- Adventure based therapy aids recuperating users create private accountability, analytical abilities, as well as knowledge in communicating whist functioning in a team environment.
- Art Therapy
- Artistic therapy permits recuperating users to communicate by the means of melody or artwork.
- Recovering users can process negative emotions and other sources of stress in a healthier way by creating art.
Receive The Best Treatment For You
We can help you to find an addiction treatment program that will be just right for you. Climbing and artwork are part of the programs in some rehab clinics that used experimential therapy. You can now get the medical and therapeutic help you need to overcome your substance addiction in many treatment centres in the country call us on 0800 246 1509.