Finding Addiction Therapy
In understanding your drug abuse and making a roadmap to your recovery, there are different options that you can access to match your needs. You don't need to be told how deadly this ailment can be if you are a victim of drug or alcohol abuse. Depending on the severity of the abuse, drug dependents are highly recommended to seek professional help.
Contact us now on 0800 246 1509 and let us help you find the treatment centre with the counselling and therapeutic approach that are right for you.
Addiction therapist plays a key function in speeding up the healing process of patients; this is why they are very significant in this treatment program.
If you need a program that suits your personal needs and will help you through overcoming your addiction, you have trusted experts that can fill those needs for you. If you live in the rehab centre, you will have access to a good number of programs that are designed to allow you overcome your addiction successfully.
Functions Of A Counsellor
Knowing what is responsible for your dependency on a drug allows you to begin developing situations which result in long-term sobriety with the help from a well-trained counsellor.
Both inpatient and outpatient therapy programs depend densely on the use of addiction counselling, which appear in individual or group plans.
A group meeting that will involve your family members and other patients can be organized by your therapist.
Group therapy revolves around family relationship in the recovery program to provide progress feedback of the patient in the program. The addict now has a platform to base his recovery the moment he identifies what triggered the addiction.
The work of Addiction Counsellor include
- Educates and supports the patient throughout the recovery.
- Managed one-on-one therapy sessions to get to the base of the addiction.
- Managed periodic drug examinations.
- Specialised treatment plans formed from individual needs.
- Depending on the viable treatment scheme, check-up plans are produced for patients.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
What Makes A Good Dependency Therapist
An addiction counsellor is prepared to create a particular program for every patient. Being a good listener and having a general behaviour of empathy are some qualities that your counsellor should have.
The initial counselling sessions are designed to lay the foundation for mutual trust, which is imperative for a successful outcome.
Over a counsellor's compassion (a lot are previous addicts) and tolerance, they develop a protected atmosphere for the user to simply interact. The major problem of the victim will be known, once the adviser cooperates with this technique. Getting to the root of the problem is very important to the success of the program.
Additionally, a great therapist will be capable to identify and treat each co-occurring psychological health conditions. However, the ultimate desire of a good counsellor is commitment in bringing long lasting solution change to the patient's sober life.
Types Of Therapy Accessible
A treatment centre may employ multiple therapeutic approaches depending on the inclination of the patient. Some of these healing programs are
- Biofeedback And Neurofeedback
- This type of biofeedback therapy is commonly employed in addiction recovery where brain activities are monitored and patients are taught how to regulate them.
- Being able to have a level of control over brain activities allows the patient to have a level of control to influence of the physical impacts.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- The psychologically disabled people and abusers can be treated using CTB since it centres on the brain, attitudes and relationship.
- Over the use of CBT, a counsellor can assist patients to recognize triggers that cause drug or alcohol use and then replace those reactions with healthy ones.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- In the case of dual diagnosis the overall objective of using DBT treatment is to assist the patient gain self-confidence in handling stressful situations and to stay focused on healthy living.
- People with anorexia or Borderline Personality Disorder do have low self-esteem, a situation that can be reversed by using DBT.
- Meditation, Hypnotherapy, Guided Imagery and Awareness
- Understanding what causes addiction, coping with stressful situations, and the use of some methods to calm the body are what these healing programs are all about.
- Keeping the patient calm to know the exact root of the addiction problem is the main purpose of this treatment method.
- Holistic Therapies
- This approach teaches patients self-examination in dealing with stress or triggers.
- This therapy also enables patients to freely manifest their undisclosed thoughts and feel at ease while sharing them.
- Yoga, art therapy and equine therapy are some types of holistic therapy that may be beneficial in treating addictions.
Cornerstone addiction therapy involves a range of treatments methods to identify suitable alternative approach to achieve the overall goal of giving the patient a sense of direction to lasting recovery practices.
Is Addiction Counselling Necessary For Me
As a patient, you may not feel at ease in sharing your shame and other embarrassing thoughts and experiences to a stranger.
Don't be deceived, you can't adequately handle and meet standard professional addiction counselling process alone without assistance from qualified counsellor's support.