Frequently Asked Questions About Addiction Rehab
Accepting one has a drug problem is not easy, however, giving into treatment at a recovery facility is an even harder first step. Numerous people stress over how the addiction recovery process will influence their lives, the obscure can be alarming. Here are some answers to several of the questions you might have regarding the process of addiction rehabilitation.
The more you know regarding addiction rehabilitation - such as what to anticipate when starting a treatment programme, the duration of the programme, and costs linked with the programme - the less challenging your road to recovery can be.
Addiction Rehabilitation - What Is It?
The organised treatment programs meant to assist people suffering addiction are named rehabs. In rehab, addict's work at having a sober, happy life.
What Takes Place In Addiction Rehabilitation?
Treatments in the addiction rehabs are custom made for the personal need of each patient. Usually, it will involve a combination of medical detox, group and individual therapy, relapse education and prevention, and planning follow up care before completing the program in order to maintain sobriety.
- Detoxification A vital early component of numerous dependence recovery endeavours is detox. While detoxing, the body physically eliminates the drug and it's effects. Many things, including the type of substance being abused, the length of abuse and how often the drug is consumed all contribute to how the cleansing will go including the severity of the withdrawal symptoms. Legitimate treatment in a medicinally regulated detox program can ease the inconvenience and dangers related with the detox procedure.
- Therapy For Drug Addiction Rehabilitation proceeds with different behavioural helpful intercessions after detox is finished. People in rehabilitation take part in gathering as well as individual treatment sessions to perceive and address the fundamental reasons for their enslavement. The best way to pick out situations of risk and triggers, remain sober for long and learn how to avoid relapse are explained to the addicts through some treatment programs.
- Follow Up Care As a man advances with recovery and nears the finish of a recovery treatment program, staff will work with the patient to build up a proper aftercare arrangement. This could consist of some combination of continuous therapy, support groups, and arrangements for sober living arrangements, when required.
What Is The Duration Of Rehabilitation?
There isn't a predetermined period of time that applies to everyone who enters rehab. The 30-day program is the most prevalent for many rehab homes. Though, certain people gain from a longer treatment programme, like a 60-day, 90-day, or even longer treatment at an inpatient/residential treatment facility to further devise and maintain a stable recovery journey. When figuring out how long an individual's treatment should be, a rehab specialist will consider how long the addiction has been going on and how sever it is, what drugs were used, whether or not there are coexisting medical, mental, or behavioural problems, and the holistic needs of the individual, including physical, mental, emotional, cultural, social, and spiritual aspects.
Researches showed that those individuals who spend three months or longer in therapeutic programs have better rates of long haul sobriety. Longer programs manage the cost of the chance to concentrate on the underlying causes and practices behind the addiction and more opportunity to improve calm living practices.
Is Addiction Cured By Rehab?
There is no cure for dependence; however it can be overseen successfully. Irrespective of the duration of the addiction, alcohol and drug dependency recovery does not stop after the individual concludes the rehab programme. To recover from drug use is a continuous, long-term procedure. Getting educated on how to live your day to day life without alcohol and drug consumption with serious efforts is the best way to handle addiction.
Addiction Rehab Vs Addiction Recovery
Rehabilitation help people figure out how to adapt to drug desires and overcome those intense circumstances when the enticement to backslide is strong. How to handle the daily challenges of defeating drug addiction and the best way to relate with people and the situations that trigger or deepen the desire to use drugs in the first place are also taught in the rehabs.
However, group or individual therapy sessions may be needed for complete healing, and may be coupled with support group gatherings or 12-step attendance. A few people find extra activities to be crucial in supporting their continuous recovery. These activities may include meditation, yoga, exercise, or art, to name a few.
Successful treatment programmes also include their homegrown activities or help you draw up your tailor made an ante-rehab plan before discharge to maintain the momentum of recovery. Those who take part in after-care programmes are more likely to succeed and avoid relapsing, studies have indicated.
When I Relapse - What Happens?
Relapse must not be seen as a disappointment rather had better be viewed as a deterrent to overcome on one's deep rooted adventure to sobriety. It gives a chance to reassess one's way and get once again into a program that offers the support and help expected to look after moderation.
A lot of people who struggle with addiction have to go to rehab more than once before they can work through everything to stay on the path to recovery. While you will be taught how to be sober for a longer period of time, the task of handling your addiction problem is all up to you.
What Is The Cost Of Rehab
Addiction rehab programmes can differ significantly when it comes to cost. A high-end luxury programme tends to quote more for additional services and special facilities and, in certain instances, a better staff to patient ratio.
Because inpatient programs provide therapy, food, lodging, and recreational activities, they are typically more expensive than outpatient programs. The programs offered by outpatient programs vary and can include highly structured intensive programs, weekly group and individual therapy sessions, and support groups.
Among the things that can alter the charges of rehab are
- What amenities are provided - These can incorporate many variables that guide the recuperation procedure, for example, gourmet food, private rooms, animal-assisted therapy, acupuncture, massage, and yoga.
- Duration of the programme - The cost linked with treatment programmes is mainly decided by the duration of your stay. When you come in for your intake session, a counsellor will talk about the recommended length of time for you to have your best chance at long term sobriety.
- Location - High-end luxury facilities will be more expensive than regular treatment facilities. The commute to the centre can also be included into the cost, particularly when the centre is located far from your home.
- Kind of programme - An inpatient programme will frequently be more expensive than an outpatient programme as patients stay at the centre, which has medical and treatment specialists who work there at all times.
The Cost Of Addiction Versus The Cost Of Rehabilitation
Whilst the cost of rehabilitation might be an obstacle for a few individuals, it is key not to forget the countless "costs" of dependency. The cost of addiction may escalate because of
- The substance's cost
- Being less productive at work
- Legal fines and fees
- The cost of medical attention for the treatment of physical and psychological illnesses
Addiction can also cost the user their relationships, health, and happiness.
Can I Use Insurance?
Insurance is frequently welcomed at a drug rehab programme. The acceptance of insurance depends on each facility's policies. Insurance might only cover a part of your stay, so make sure you check with your insurance company before you enrol.
If your insurance program does not take care of the expense of recovery, you can talk about other instalment choices with the centre you pick. There are many options that the programme may be prepared to accept a sliding scale payment or one that makes the charges more comfortable to pay.
Should I Get Addiction Treatment Locally Or Away?
A lot of people travel to a rehab away from their home for treatment. Sometimes, this helps with recovery because it takes the users out of the environment where they got into the addiction in the first place.
Because the addicts are free from external confusions and are not lured by friends, relatives and work, they are always able to concentrate completely on recovering from addiction in such a regimented and solitary location.
For those attending outpatient programmes, it might be better to go for one nearer home. When you have family responsibilities, a rehabilitation centre that's close can reduce stress as you find a balance between your home obligations and your recovery treatment.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Should I Select Outpatient Or Inpatient Treatment?
Inpatient offices vary from outpatient offices in various courses from costs included and force of treatment to the general environment plus supportive structure all through the recuperation procedure.
Inpatient Addiction Rehabilitation
An inpatient centre is a rehabilitation centre that provides round-the-clock care from the personnel. Inpatient programs that are hospital based will have medical professionals present around the clock but most residential centres will only have a healthcare professional come in when one is needed. However, patients are required to reside in the facilities in both cases.
Because the patient is under care for 24 hours, they can receive an intensive form of therapy than at any other kind of programme. Because patients don't face the stress of daily life, they can usually work through their addiction issues a little better.
A rehabilitation programme can cover group therapy, one-on-one therapy, medication-assisted treatment, and corresponding therapies like outdoor activities, meditation and animal-assisted therapy.
Those with long-standing or extreme addictions, dependences to different substances or with prevailing medical and psychological health conditions frequently look for an inpatient recovery centre for treatment. It might also be a great resource for individuals who have completed previous rehabilitation attempts (either outpatient or inpatient) and have in the meantime relapsed.
Outpatient Rehab Treatment Facilities
Patients are allowed to attend therapy, treatment sessions and other programs from their home in outpatient facilities. This set-up allows an individual to continue largely freely with his/her work, home or school life whilst receiving treatment. People with mild addiction, or at the onset of a substance abuse and those with home and work commitments they cannot get away from are best suited for this type of arrangement.
Outpatient programs vary from centre to centre. Sometimes sessions will last all day but others might only last for an hour or two every day. Because of the less number of medical staff and the reduced hours of direct care involved, inpatient facilities are costlier than outpatient programs. Patients leave to go home, so they facilities don't need to provide around the clock care. Some or the entire cost may be covered by some insurance plans.
Contact us right away at 0800 246 1509 to chat about your options and learn more about what sets these two addiction treatment forms apart. We have rehab placement experts who will respond to any queries you may have as you decide on the best addiction treatment facility to commit to for your addiction treatment.
Can I Lose My Job For Attending Addiction Rehab?
While you may encounter some dread of losing your employment in the event that you go to recovery, you may, truth be told, probably lose your occupation if you don't get assistance. In the event that you are battling with a substance misuse issue, it is conceivable that your supervisor may effectively presume it. By maintaining a strategic distance from enslavement help your battle may in the end get to be distinctly obvious since the results of your substance misuse may make your work implementation enduring.
If caught using drugs while at work you may be liable to be sacked but, you are covered by the law if you want to go for treatment. These laws make it illegal to dismiss an employee as a result of him/her looking for treatment.
How Do I Get Time Off Of Work To Attend Addiction Rehab?
Numerous inpatient programs require taking some time off from work. Though, there are various options than can make this process easier. Some of these are
- Employee Assistance Program An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is an intentional program through your manager, which gives classified evaluations, limited advising and referrals to treatment at no cost to the employee.
- Family and Medical Leave Act Several employers provide as much as 12 weeks of leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act, which enables you to take off unpaid time without it influencing your health insurance, in an attempt to look for treatment for a medical issue that gets in the way of your ability to finish tasks related to your work. Substance addiction is in this category, and so it is important to find out how your employer interprets the Act.
- Leave With Pay Another choice is to use any vacation, sick, or personal time to get the time away from work to go to rehab.
- Executive Rehab Centres If you have a lot of work demands and have to stay actively involved in your job, executive rehab centres can help you stay involved at work while attending an inpatient rehab in a luxurious, 24 hour care facility.
- Outpatient Programs At last, outpatient programs give other treatment plausibility to any individual who can't take out time from home or work and who may require a more reasonable choice than executive rehabilitation. People battling with serious addiction or relapse issues, though, would be better cared for by residential treatment options that can provide more intensive round-the-clock care.
Generally, there are a wide range of approaches to acquire assistance as an employee and looking for treatment for habit will dependably be better for you, your employment, your wellbeing and your life when all is said over the long haul.
What Is Luxury Treatment?
Luxury rehabilitations involve treatments at top notch rehab facilities and in a more comfortable environment. These are frequently situated in isolated spots, so a patient is given maximum privacy during his/her treatment. Treatment in these plush rehab facilities more often offers holistic treatment that includes exciting therapies, gourmet catering by highly ranked chefs, innovative treatment therapies.
Luxury rehab is the common choice for high level executives, celebrities, or public figures because of the amenities and privacy and the likelihood that they will be surrounded by the peers, but anyone can go to one if they have the means to afford it.
How To Locate An Addiction Rehab Programme
To locate the correct addiction rehabilitation programme can feel overwhelming, though assistance is available to give answers to whichever additional questions you might have. If you are having a hard time deciding what kind of program is right for you or a loved one, call us at 0800 246 1509 to talk to a rehab placement representative to discuss rehab and recovery options further.