Gloucestershire Has10 Ideas On How To Stay Free From Alcohol After Rehab In Gloucestershire Drug Rehab
Having gone through rehab you are now joining the larger society. While you think about your future, you feel nervous and uncertain.
You know you could relapse despite your desire to stay clean. To make sure that you stay free of drugs and alcohol abuse, you can try following these tips
- Get Into An Aftercare Program
- You will be able to discover the support you need to stay sober once you maintain a long and intense commitment to aftercare therapy.
- Aftercare will keep you prepared and it will help you stay concentrated.
- Minimal aftercare and arrogance are strong indicators of a patient headed for relapse.
- People who are realistic and do not neglect aftercare therapies are known to have the greatest rate of sobriety.
- Keep Busy
- You had made a commitment to yourself not to hang around with people that you earlier were friends with before you embarked upon a journey to a treatment because you do not want to be close to alcohol or drugs.
- While this is an important step, it could very possibly leave you lonely.
- When you experience the desire to drink because of isolation, nervousness or boredom you should contact your support group (us, friends that you trust, etc.).
- In the absence of alcohol, many recovering alcoholics don't know what to do with their free time.
- You can find it much easier to get used to your new life if you make new friends or if you try your hand at new hobbies.
- An income generating activity such as a job or business can also ensure that you stay busy and will also build your self esteem as you work on making better decisions.
- Take Care Of You
- There are a number of things, which can trigger a craving.
- A craving can be induced that you might not be expecting due to being hungry, angry, lonely, or tired.
- Taking care of your body and soul will prove helpful in preempting risks.
- Eating right, getting enough sleep and maintaining a list of clean and trusted friends can prove beneficial when you need to look after yourself.
- Follow The Relapse Avoidance Techniques You Learnt
- You have mentally prepared yourself for many different situations that might lead to relapse and you have worked very hard on this while you were in treatment.
- You will see that you can overcome many problems if you use this fresh experience rigorously the first year.
- Recovering alcoholics who choose to go on without using the techniques and skills they have learnt while ignoring triggers and circumstances that could lead to relapse are playing with fire.
- You should be utilizing your knowledge of relapse awareness because it is an important part of your recovery and the following should be explicit.
- Don't Go Back To A Complete Abuse If You Make A Mistake And Use Alcohol Again
- Even those who are recovering in the most diligent way can also fell into relapse.
- It will be a lifetime commitment when you decide to stay clean and will also require action, so if a relapse does occur, you are not required to come down hard on yourself and accept defeat right away.
- You shouldn't allow yourself to fall back into addiction which is easy if you allow regret to overwhelm you.
- You can call us to discuss why you used alcohol again, what the triggers were and how you are feeling now if you do slip for any reason.
- Take Our Advice
- Our specialty is helping alcoholics learn how to get by without taking alcohol.
- We have vast experience and resources which allows us to know what works and what does not.
- Remember everything that we say and take it to heart.
- The advice that we'll provide you with is reliable and can go a long way in helping you to stay clean.
- Talk To Your Loved Ones
- Communicating openly with friends and family is an excellent way of making sure you keep making healthy decisions after rehab.
- Let your family know how you are feeling.
- It is quite possible for you to be stressed, bored or lonely.
- Relapse can be triggered by all emotions, even by some great ones.
- You'll be able to make better decisions by talking to your family and the talking will also help to develop a better relationship with them.
- Develop A Support System And Safety Net
- You should begin to participate in your aftercare program as soon as you leave treatment.
- You can deal with and resist temptation with the help of aftercare, and programs such as Narcotics Anonymous (NA) Alcoholics Anonymous (AA).
- You will start to learn from the bad choices others made, but from your own mistakes too.
- You will probably be assigned a sponsor, if you go to AA or NA meetings, and you should contact this sponsor every time you are in a position that might lead to relapse.
- In case you slip up and fall, your support system will be there to catch you.
- You will soon begin to discover that you are stronger than believed.
- Talk To Your Advisor In Case You're In School
- You can meet new, clean peers by getting in touch with the students that have been to treatment.
- This is important if you're trying to stay away from old friends who still use.
- Making new friends will make it possible for you to discover a new and a clean life.
- Use The Techniques You Learned In Treatment
- The techniques and skills to deal with triggers and peer pressure are taught in rehab.
- Use the skills and any other which you may have learned to help you deal with situations that are tempting.
- You have practiced, and now you need to do what is best for you.
- Call us or your aftercare counsellor if you realize that you need more help with coping.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Rehab cannot be considered as a quick fix because the recovery will take time. One of the best thing you can do to remain clean is seeking and being committed to aftercare therapy. You can get help in your journey by talking to your family and developing a support system. You can learn the best ways of living a good life by learning from your experiences and paying attention to the advice you'll receive on how to stay clean.
Remember that, ''Doing the same thing will always yield the same results." If you want change, you have to embrace change.